How to show values in single select list according to issue type within same project

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020

I want to use same select list field within the same project, but for each issue type i want to display different values in select list. How can i achieve this. Please suggest, any suggestion..i have script runner and behavior plugin. JIRA Server 

Thanks

Vikrant Yadav

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

Please suggest guys. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2020

Hi @Vikrant Yadav 

This page has plenty of code to achieve this - on hiding select list values based on issue type.

If you still face problem then just paste code here.

Ravi

Update: I tried the code shared in the link above and it worked for me in first attempt. 

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_  Thanks for the response.

I have used the same script mentioned in this link. 

But script is not working in my case.  Still able to see all the value, for Story issue type i hhave selected A and B only. But still showing all the values. Please suggestError.pngBehaviour Script.PNG

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2020

Hi @Vikrant Yadav 

Ok so let us troubleshoot then because exact code was working for me.

- Behaviour is applied on Issue Type Field?

- You have defined the mapping on the projects?

- What is your SRJ version?

Ravi

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2020

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_  

I have added script on Issue Type

Project mapping defined 

Jira ver 8.7.1 > Scriptrunner ver :- 5.9.1

Thanks,

Vikrant yadav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events