How to show Azure AD data in the Jira Service Management User Portal?

Fabricio Farias June 25, 2021

Hi,

I need help with the following situation.

I created a script (ScriptRunner) that brings the logged in user information that is registered in Azure AD, presenting them in custom fields, for example, the department and phone number.

This script works fine after the issue is created, however, I'm having difficulty getting this information, which is in AD, to appear in the user portal (Jira Service Management) before the ticket is created.

Is it possible to present user registration data that is in Azure AD in the JSM user portal, using ScriptRunner or another solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Max Lim _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2021

This is actually a use case of ScriptRunner for Server's LDAP Picker feature, which is not implemented in Cloud version as described in this Feature Parity page. 

You can express your interest by raising a feature request to implement LDAP Picker field on ScriptRunner for Cloud public feature board located here.

Possible Solution

If it is feasible, you can sync your Azure AD to Jira by following the this tutorial from Microsoft. Then, you can use Jira's native user picker field to search for any user in your Azure AD.

Some relevant information I think is relevant to this topic:
1. Microsoft: Integrate Atlassian Cloud with Azure AD
2. Community Post: Does Atalassian Cloud support LDAP Authentication?
3. Atlassian: Support LDAP integration with Cloud

I hope this information helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events