How to set numeric value from Insight object attribute do numeric custom field in post-function

Krzysztof Hotiuk December 27, 2018

Hi,

I would like to take an attribute from Insight's object (numeric) and set it do custom field (number type). When I try to use an Insight's postfunction "Set a Jira custom field with the attribute value from a selected object ", I can't choose number's type field :(

Is there any other option?
I need to take a value from Object, make simple math operation (decrease) and put new value back. Can't use postfunction Increase or decrease the value of an object attribute" because change value should be taken from other cunstom filed.

Regards, 

Krzysztof

2 answers

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

@Krzysztof Hotiuk 

Hi, I'm curious if you succeeded in the end to take a value from Object, make a simple math operation and put new value back?
If so, how did you manage this?

Kind regards, 
Marco Brundel

0 votes
Yinon Negev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hi Krzysztof.

As noted on the Postfunction itself: Supported fields are Jira Text fields and Insight custom fields. Number CF is not supported here.

The alternative is to use a script Postfunction, where you extract the Value from the Attribute, and set it to the CF. Be aware that the Number CF supports a "Double" - with 2 decimal digits.

Please have a look at our Groovy Script Examples for reference.

Kind regards,

Yinon

Team Riada

Florian Reichl April 14, 2021

@Yinon Negev  are there any technical boundaries or why is this still not supported?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events