I am using the User Group Picker and JJUPIN plugins to limit the assignee field to a specific group based on the status of an issue. I set up a custom field that gets a filtered group of users to select from. I then proceed to set the assignee field to my custom field in the workflow, but the assignee value is not correct. Examples I have seen show that all you need is assignee = customfield_xxxxx, but instead of the full name of the user being set in the assignee field it instead sets the assignee as username(username). So if I normally assign an issue to John Doe with username John_D then John Doe would appear in the assignee field with his details when I hover over his name. Instead I am getting John_D(john_d) and it is not recognizing the assignee as a valid user. How do I set the assignee from my custom field so that it is set to a valid user?
You have to select a proper SIL custom field descriptor for the SIL user picker field from Add-ons -> Custom Field Descriptors section.
So, for com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.usergrouppicker-pro:siluserpicker select the User -> string descriptor. This should solve the problem.
Over 52% of internet users say obtaining information in their own language is more important than price and 75% of the world’s population doesn’t speak English. It’s no wonder then that successful gl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events