How to set Xray test details during test case creation?

Zoheil Khaleqi October 19, 2020

When I create a test case I am unable to set test details as is shown in the first screenshot. I have imported the 6 test types from Xray into JIRA but I still cannot select those tabs during test case creation. Once created, I can go into the test case and edit, but surely I should be able to do this during creation?

I got a message from Xray support saying this is due to current JIRA limitations, but is there a good way to work around this? Do users really create and then go into the test case to edit... seems long and tedious.

Thanks

Create Issue JIRA.pngTest details JIRA issue.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2020

Hi @Zoheil Khaleqi ,

unfortunately in Jira Cloud, as the support team may have mentioned, Jira doesn't allow customization of the Jira creation dialog. This may change in the future though.

Therefore, you need to create the Test issue, fill-out high-level details (e.g. summary, description) and only afterwards fill out the steps/cucumber specification.

Regards

Sérgio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events