How to send an email using a jira automation to an email address received in webhook payload?

Mayur Mehta March 14, 2021

How to send an email using a jira automation to an email address received in webhook payload?

Requirement: We want to call jira automation from external application which will send payload that contains email addresses to which email has to be send. Please help me to setup such jira automation rule. 

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Mayur Mehta ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Did you try to use Incoming webhook trigger? There is {{webhookData}} smart value - you should be able to use it to get the values from the request.

Mayur Mehta March 17, 2021

Hello Hana,

Thanks for your answer. 

Could you please provide more details on the implementation side ?

How do I extract email address from the payload and use it in the recipient field of an email action in jira automation rule? 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Mayur Mehta ,

how exactly does your payload look like? Thank you.

Mayur Mehta September 19, 2021

@Hana Kučerová 

My payload is as below

{

"id": "123",

"name": "abc",

"message": "test"

}

I want to send an email only when message = "warning"

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

Hi @Mayur Mehta ,

thank you, but to be honest, I don't understand it now. I thought the recipient of the email should be obtained from the payload, but threre's only id, name and message.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events