How to send a e-mail with a list of open issues to all the current users every week

Krishna Kanth August 19, 2022

We are trying to reduce the number of open Jira's.  We currently have over 7,500 in our project.

Could we create any process that would capture open Jira's by Assignee and send the list to them with links to each Jira? Could this be done once a week?

I am looking only one email which contains the list of Jira's in that mail to that current user.

AB-111
AB-222
AB-333

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hi Krishna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should explore creating a filter for each Assignee and then setup a Subscription to the filter to send the email to the Assignee weekly. 

I have a filter condition already which is saved.

project = AB AND status not in (Resolved, Closed) AND assignee = currentUser()

I am trying to write the sil script which can be schedule to run it every week.

But is there any way i can get the list of issues in one email to the current user.

Eg- if current user has 10 open jira's, I would like to receive only one email which contains the jira numbers line by line in that email instead of receiving 10 emails.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

I won't be helpful to you with the SIL script. How many different Assignees are there? 

Hi John,

We have close to 6000 backlog jira's with different assignes.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2022

But how many different Assignees?

There might be around 4-5k distinct assignees.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2022

Sorry, but not sure what that would look like for the SIL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events