Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to see the sum of sub-task hours in Tempo report by using a filter

I have issues that have a certain status (invoice).
These also have sub-tasks on which times are logged, they have the status "done".

Now I have a filter where I filter for all issues with status Invoice and select in Tempo.

Now my problem: Tempo does not add the times of the subtasks.

Can someone help me with a suitable JQL filter?

something like...  Project = XY And Status = Invoice And Subtask Status = Done ...?

or does anyone know another solution?

2 answers

Hi Julia,

I am not an expert in JQL Filter. However for Tempo report to include hours logged under sub tasks via Jira JQL, you must include those sub tasks in the filter. In other word, you need to see those sub tasks as result if you ran the filter in Jira.

Best regards,

Chih

Tempo Support

0 votes

Hi, @Julia Tschernysch !

That is not the answer to your question. But if you need the subtasks time total for invoicing purposes, you can use the Clerk Invoices app for that, it includes all subtasks of a specific task when importing time for invoicing. 

I'm the developer of this app, so you can ask me any questions about that app. In Russian/Ukrainian as well.

I can tell you, that JQL is very tricky in your case and depends on the project type (classic vs next-gen). I only remember that we have spent a lot of time to make this importing work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

620 views 7 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you