How to see the sum of sub-task hours in Tempo report by using a filter

Julia Tschernysch April 6, 2021

I have issues that have a certain status (invoice).
These also have sub-tasks on which times are logged, they have the status "done".

Now I have a filter where I filter for all issues with status Invoice and select in Tempo.

Now my problem: Tempo does not add the times of the subtasks.

Can someone help me with a suitable JQL filter?

something like...  Project = XY And Status = Invoice And Subtask Status = Done ...?

or does anyone know another solution?

2 answers

0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Hi Julia,

I am not an expert in JQL Filter. However for Tempo report to include hours logged under sub tasks via Jira JQL, you must include those sub tasks in the filter. In other word, you need to see those sub tasks as result if you ran the filter in Jira.

Best regards,

Chih

Tempo Support

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2021

Hi, @Julia Tschernysch !

That is not the answer to your question. But if you need the subtasks time total for invoicing purposes, you can use the Clerk Invoices app for that, it includes all subtasks of a specific task when importing time for invoicing. 

I'm the developer of this app, so you can ask me any questions about that app. In Russian/Ukrainian as well.

I can tell you, that JQL is very tricky in your case and depends on the project type (classic vs next-gen). I only remember that we have spent a lot of time to make this importing work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events