How to see sub-task hours in parent task Tempo report?

Vadim Sakhray January 14, 2015

Is it possible to see sub-task hours in parent task Tempo report?

3 answers

1 vote
Dominik M. April 7, 2017

Please advise - I need to know if it's possible to use Tempo to evenly distribute worklog of a parent issue onto all of its sub-tasks. If this is not implemented in Tempo yet, then please inform me if any funciton already exists which would automatically and evenly enable to scatter it on previously defined issues (e.g. if there are 8 issues then each one of it is to be saved per 1 hour time frame. Such action ought to take place after saving (anywhere) 8 hours long worklog of parent issue.

--

regards,

Dominik Maciejewski

Atlassian Support

Sebastian Roth May 4, 2021

It would be nice to get an update on this issue - our organization really needs this feature for reporting. We want to filter by Account and also sum up the subtasks. Another workaround would be to automatically assign an account value from a parent issue to all the subtasks, but automatical inheritance of values doesn't seem possible, neither bulk editing all subtasks.

This really needs to be implemented.

Like Steve Rohde likes this
1 vote
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Hi Vadim,

I set a copy here of the answer I sent you via the Issue you created in our Tempo Support system:

You can view the hours logged on subtasks in the Issue Timesheet for the Parent issue. To do so, you need to check the "Include sub-tasks" in the Timesheet Report view. Please take also a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO077/Issue+Report+View for more information.

Regards,

Susanne

Test Kimm July 25, 2018

@Susanne Götz [T1 I do not see the "Include sub-tasks" option in Cloud.  Am I missing something?

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2018

Hi @Test Kimm,

It is available in the issue view, Tempo Time Tracking panel of parent tasks.include subtasks.pngRegards,

Susanne

Test Kimm July 25, 2018

@Susanne Götz [T1 I do have that selceted, however sub-tasks do not show in the reports.

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2018

Subtasks can be included in the Tempo Custom report.

Select Tempo, Reports, Custom report. Then select to filter by Issue. When filtering the Custom report by Issue, you have the option to include subtasks.

Regards,

Susanne

Like Kirill Putryk likes this
Gikku John December 4, 2018

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_

Do we have an option to use a filter there. ? Say I want to run results from multiple Stories with sub-tasks included. 

Selecting the issue one-by-one is really not a practical solution

Regards
Gikku

Like Buğra Oral likes this
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2018

Hi Gikku,

This is not available in the current version of Tempo Timesheets, but I am forwarding this to the Product management team as a feature request.

Like # people like this
Ashley Powell December 18, 2018

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_, please let us know if a ticket has been created for this so others can vote on it. It would be valuable for my organization as well.  

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2018

Hi Ashley,

The feature request for this is in our backlog, but we do not longer have a public instance where users can vote or follow the issue. 

Regards,

Susanne 

Like # people like this
Buğra Oral December 19, 2018

Hey @Susanne Götz, it's really a bummer not to be able to see total efforts by epic because it does not include subtasks. Please prioritize this feature request

Like # people like this
Aaron Libby January 14, 2019

Agreed.  This would be a MOST helpful feature enhancement.  Any updates would be very much appreciated.  

Like # people like this
Amith Kumar January 16, 2019

What is the update on this? Is it built already? 

Like Jonathan Muller likes this
Jonathan Muller January 25, 2019

Hi. This would be awesome to have such a feature. For now, the grouping report is really poor for my needs.

Like Adrienn Szabo likes this
Auwlyee_Cabrera June 14, 2019

Hello,

Is there any news about this issue?

Charlie Apps June 23, 2019

Yeah this one just bit us pretty hard recently as total hours in the report for an Epic is completely incorrect when it doesn't factor in subtasks...

Any news as to whether this is going to be fixed?

Sujeeth Kumar September 11, 2019

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

It will be more helpful to have this feature available.

Its been more than 4 years users requested this feature.

Did your team had a chance to provide solution for this feature?

Thanks.

Gustavo Cañizares October 28, 2020

I´m evaluating tempo timesheets and saw the lack of this feature. I can´t believe a solution isn´t still implemented. 

Like Steve Rohde likes this
marton_lipcsik February 2, 2021

Hey All

I'm just checking how Tempo populates worklogs up to EPIC level in Tempo reports.

It works fine.

Here is my Jira issue hierarchy:

Parent level: EPIC (no time logged on EPIC issue)

Child level: Story1, Story2 and also Subtask1, Subtask2

I logged time on Story1, Story2, Subtask1, Subtask2

All the logged time is populated correct up to the EPIC level in:

• logged time report, if I filter by Epic
  • planned vs actual report if I filter by Epic
  • Account/Timesheet report grouped by Account/Epic/Issue
Like Alexander Eck [Tempo] likes this
0 votes
Elias Boutros May 27, 2021

Need this also.

Suggest an answer

TAGS