How to run a manual rule for multiple issues

Leonardo Scarpa October 15, 2020

I have a rule that was schedule for every 7 days, and now must be run manually.

But ididn't find the option to run this especific rule.

My automation runs a search using JQL and then change the status of the issues.

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2020

Hi Leonardo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Manual rules are run from within an issue. So you have to navigate to an issue on the project associated with the Rule. 

Your other option is to leave it as a scheduled like you were doing but disable it. Then when you need to run it, simply re-enable it and click the Run Rule button. 

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2023

Hello @John Funk,

Do you know if it is possible to run the rule from one issue and let it perform actions on multiple issues?

Let's say I trigger the rule within issue A, then it should update field values in issue A, B and C of the associated project.

On our testing system, it seems like, the rule only performs the action within the issue which it gets triggered from...

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2023
Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events