How to reuse test executions with corresponding assignee

YS_Fong February 20, 2020

Hi All,

I am new to XRAY and am planning to test for a project. I got difficulty as below. Please kindly help.

I got 5 test

Test A, B, C, D and E

I got 2 test executions

Test Execution 1 and 2

Test C is a common test among 2 test executions but I would like to assign to 2 different tester.

Test Execution 1 : A > C (assigned to tester X) > E

Test Execution 2 : B > C (assigned to tester Y) > D

Error is found in test C. The developer fix the error in test C and retest test execution 1 and 2.

May I know how I can rerun the 2 test execution keeping test C with different assignee? On the other hand, Both test executions are sequential. When create test plan with status "Failed", the newly created test execution is just C, D and E which could not pass. How can I retain 2 test execution? (should be C >E / C >D)

Regards

YS

1 answer

1 vote
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2020

Hi YS, 

The same Test may be executed by multiple users and these executions should be split into different Test Execution issues. Each user should have their own Test Execution with his Test Runs automatically assigned to himself (using the Issue Assignee). So, to better keep track of the history of the test the ideal will be to create a new test execution to rerun the test.

You can also run the same Test / Test Run more than one time inside the same Test Execution though; it's a bit of a workaround but sometimes run the Test Run once. Then if needed they run it (change its state from the start) again. The activity of the Test Run will contain all the changes you have made in the context of run; thus no history is lost.

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events