How to refresh import files in Insight?

Sanja Vukovic February 8, 2018

So I have created my object schema (IT Asset) and for a start, just manually imported csv files to see how Insight works.
For example I have windows servers csv file that is created by script. Now I want to redirect the script to the folder so that I don't have to manually import it each time. But the folder on Jira server has the names of my csv's scrambled so I don't know which one is which. On Import page i Insigh there is FileID, but that is not visible on the folder either. Anyhow I don't want to use scrambled names nor FileID, I want to keep their original names. What is the logic in Insight, how it is done?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

Hi Sanja,

I would rather advise you then to use an URL for the file instead of updating the file, if this is possible. It's currently not possible to update a CSV file, but you would have to upload a new one.

Best Regards
Alexander

Sanja Vukovic February 9, 2018

Hi Alexander,

where/how can I find/create URL for the file?

Best regards,

Sanja

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

Hi Sanja,

I don't mean the URL for the file uploaded in Insight, but an URL to somewhere were you place your file when the script has created it.

Best REgards
Alexander

Sanja Vukovic February 9, 2018

Me too. How to translate path to URL?

Sanja Vukovic February 13, 2018

By adding "file:" in front of share path.

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2018

Hi Sanja,

I missed to reply, sorry for that. Ok I'm glad you found the right path, great work :)

Best Regards
Alexander

Sanja Vukovic February 15, 2018

This doesn't work any more.
And saved import that worked is changed, "URL" is by invisible hand changed to "file". As if the source file is uploaded to server.

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2018

Hi Sanja,

That seems strange, could it be someone that has changed the import, as we don't do any changes like that behind the scenes so to say.

If you change it back to the correct URL you used before, is it working again?

Best Regards
Alexander

Sanja Vukovic February 16, 2018

Sorry, false alarm. It is working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events