How to migrate from Jeditor to standard wiki fields?

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi! 

We are planning to go away from Jeditor, one problem is 

historical data is crappy if we change the render. 

Could you help us, to migrate to standard fields and standard WYSIWYG-editor?

Cheers,

Gonchik

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hi Gonchik - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can edit the Field Configuration for the field to change it to a Wiki render. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-renderers-938847270.html

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

I think Gonchik is stuck because that doesn't work!

JEditor stores the data in a different format, if you go rummage in the database, it's not the same as the format of text in a Jira wiki renderer.  If you just swap to the wiki renderer, it tries, and makes a mess of, reading and rendering the JEditor storage.

The only solution I've found is code that can drag out the data in text fields, reformat it and re-enter it, but this only works for editable fields, not the history.  I suspect code could be written to do this inside Jira for fields and history, but I have not tried.

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

That's right I stucked with different format. Honestly with some non-xhtml format of Jeditor 

And asked maybe someone already fixed :) 

Like Gino Quodala likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events