How to migrate Zephyr test cases and test cycle executions from one Jira project to another

Akshay Joshi March 22, 2018

We want to migrate Zephyr test cases from Jira Project A to Project B.

However we also want to migrate Zephyr test cycles execution data present in Project A while moving the test cases.

I tried Jira bulk move option, but it didn't move test cycle details and in the process I lost execution details for those moved test cases.

Is there any way to move Zephyr test cases with test cycle execution details from one Jira project to another ?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

6 answers

1 vote
Amit Puri March 26, 2019

We too have the same issue, but seems like no clear path around it.

Does anyone reporting this issue, here, could find a work around to this?

@Akshay Joshi @Antonio Pedro @PGVS @Gery thomisse @Peter Pauwlik 

Antonio Pedro March 26, 2019

Unfortunatly no... and any reply from atlassian.

1 vote
Antonio Pedro January 31, 2019

This issue is very old and very annoying and very very unproductive, any idea when we could have at least a plan to tackel the problem? Thank you.

0 votes
David Cutler February 23, 2022

I realize this is a bit old, but we just did the same thing, so bumping this...

0 votes
Tim Mousaw June 22, 2021

I just ran into this same issue. Of course, I didn't realize that the test cycles didn't transfer until after I cleaned up the old project. So, now those test cycles are lost. There must be some recourse other than "restore from backup". Can't some existing records somehow be updated with the appropriate information from the new project to bring those test cycles back?

0 votes
PGVS November 5, 2018

I tried Jira Bulk option to move test cases from one project to another and it didnt work either. Any date for when you gonna fix this?

Pilar

0 votes
Peter Pauwlik March 26, 2018

We are facing with the same difficulties in our organization, any idea how this could be done would be much appreciated.

Gery thomisse November 5, 2018

As a matter of fact I am interested too. (same issues at our organisation)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events