How to link XRay issue to a Jira issue comment

Leonardo Alioni October 28, 2022

Hi! Let's assume I have a team of 15 people, but I bought XRay software only to my testing team (3 people).

The cuestion is: Can I link issues from an XRay project (test cases) to a Jira project so the developers are allowed to see them and be aware of the evidence of certain test case or bug report assuming they're not part of the XRay proyect? 

The other cuestion is: How can I do that? (supposing that it is even possible)

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Hi @Leonardo Alioni,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

First off, any apps that you add to your instance must have the same amount of users that your Jira license, there is no way around that. So if you have 25 Jira licenses, you would also need 25 Xray licenses.

Yes, that is possible by using Issue links, that is how you link test cases to issues that the case is covering.

Leonardo Alioni October 28, 2022

Thank you very much!

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

Adding to @Mikael Sandberg ´s answer:

Here is a link that describes different concepts of "how to organize tests/projects"

https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Project+Organization

If these thnigs answer your question would you please be so kind to hit the "Accept answer" button in order to mark this case as solved?

Best
Stefan

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events