How to install custom plugin in a remote agent.

Paula Wilkinson August 9, 2017

My company has created a custom plugin and this works on the local agent, but is not installed on the remote agents, which are windows machine.

We are now wondering if we can just drop the jar file on the remote agent. But so far the file has worked. I tried

bamoo-home/plugins/user-installed

bamoo-home/plugins/bin

This is jar file, but from looking other plugins on the remote server I can see that they are installed in bamoo-home/caches/plugins/transfromed-plugins and bamoo-home/plugins/user-installed

I get the error

error	09-Aug-2017 13:36:32	Could not execute task  no Plugin with key 'com.xyleme.bamboo.plugin.xyleme:xyleme.reporter' is installed

Any ideas? Can I instal this? Or do I need the dev team to change the plugin in some way. Any help would be great.

2 answers

0 votes
Marcin Jurczak February 14, 2018

Hello Paula. Did you manage finally to run your plugin on the Windows remote agent? Or the problem remains still unresolved?

Currently I'm having probably the same issue. But my plugin is just a simple Hello World, made by following the Atlassian tutorial and nothing more so far. It works correctly on the Linux local agent but fails with the same error message as yours, on the Windows remote agent.

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

Have you tried uploadig the add-on on "manage add-ons" in UPM?

-Lars

Paula Wilkinson August 10, 2017

Yes this is how we got the plugin to work on the local agents.

But it does not install/load it on the remote agents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events