How to inject javascript when behaviour (scriptrunner) is used ?

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2017

Hi,

I wanted to inject html in a custom field. I got a solution that is working. The solution is about using html in the description of the custom field to inject some javascript.

However, the solution is working unless the custom field is bind by a behaviour (scriptrunner). I have the custom field on several screen. On all standard screen, where no behaviour can be triggered, the injection work. But on the screen that is important to me, the injection does not work and it seems caused by the fact that there are scripted behaviour running at the same time on the screen.

Does anyone get the same issue ? Any idea where can i put my javascript ?

Regards,

Laurent

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

OK !!

That was a tricky issue.

Like i said, it had nothing to do with Behaviours (scriptrunner).

Actually it seems that it's a normal behaviour of JIRA. I firstly updated the description of my field in Administration > Issues > Custom fields. It seems that the change made here affect only the default field configuration.

My project was on a different field scheme, so the description in Administration > Issues > Custom fields > My Field, was not the same that the description in Project > Custom Field Configuration > My Field.

I just updated the description in my custom field configuration and it worked !

Eric S. November 9, 2020

Any way to do this on the cloud version? 

0 votes
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2017

There may be a few things at work.

First, are you sure that this happens all the time when a Behaviour is running, or is it only when the Behaviour manipulates the description of a field using setDescription? I would expect the latter case to remove any custom code you've written, but not the former case. To test this, you could just create a simple behaviour that makes a different field in that context read-only, then disable your existing behaviours. If you can't reproduce the problem, you should check your behaviour scripts for calls to the setDescription method on a field (or myCustomField.description = ).

One potential workaround would be to put your custom javascript into a Web Resource, though that might be overkill for your needs.

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2017

I was sure that behaviour was the cause but i was wrong.

I did some tests:

Let's say that Project A is were the injection don't work and Project B is my test project.

I just copied the behaviour of A on B and the javascript injection worked.

Besides i deleted the behaviour of A and i mapped the behaviour of B on A and B.

The result is that it still work on B and it still don't work on A. 

Therefore the issue does not come from the behaviour.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events