You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
However, the solution is working unless the custom field is bind by a behaviour (scriptrunner). I have the custom field on several screen. On all standard screen, where no behaviour can be triggered, the injection work. But on the screen that is important to me, the injection does not work and it seems caused by the fact that there are scripted behaviour running at the same time on the screen.
That was a tricky issue.
Like i said, it had nothing to do with Behaviours (scriptrunner).
Actually it seems that it's a normal behaviour of JIRA. I firstly updated the description of my field in Administration > Issues > Custom fields. It seems that the change made here affect only the default field configuration.
My project was on a different field scheme, so the description in Administration > Issues > Custom fields > My Field, was not the same that the description in Project > Custom Field Configuration > My Field.
I just updated the description in my custom field configuration and it worked !
There may be a few things at work.
First, are you sure that this happens all the time when a Behaviour is running, or is it only when the Behaviour manipulates the description of a field using setDescription? I would expect the latter case to remove any custom code you've written, but not the former case. To test this, you could just create a simple behaviour that makes a different field in that context read-only, then disable your existing behaviours. If you can't reproduce the problem, you should check your behaviour scripts for calls to the setDescription method on a field (or myCustomField.description = ).
I was sure that behaviour was the cause but i was wrong.
I did some tests:
Let's say that Project A is were the injection don't work and Project B is my test project.
Besides i deleted the behaviour of A and i mapped the behaviour of B on A and B.
The result is that it still work on B and it still don't work on A.
Therefore the issue does not come from the behaviour.