How to import Companies with multiple People in CRM for Jira?

fk January 17, 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to import a database of Companies and Contacts into CRM for Jira. Every Contact has one assigned Company, every Company has between 0 and 10 assigned Contacts.

I can't find a way to make the import successfully with more then 2 people assigned to a Company. When I start with the Contacts database, the Companies get automatically created, without duplicates in case of multiple people per company. But after importing the Company database, the existing companies and the new ones (which are the same) aren't automatically merged. And merging 400 Companies one by one isn't a satisfying soulution. The other way around I can't use more then one contact in the "people" column in the csv, at least I haven't found a way.

Is the a best practice to get all the information and connections from my databases into the CRM without loosing information?

Best regards

fk

2 answers

0 votes
fk January 20, 2020

Unfortunaly, the support pages did cover the import topic just very shortly, but I found a way on my own: You can just add multiple "People" columns in your csv-file and the CRM will combine them all as multiple entries in the People field. Maybe it's not suitable for datebases with a lot of people per company, but for my case with up to ten people it did the trick.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Hi @fk

This isn't an app I have specific experience in - but have you tried their support pages? You can also contact them directly from here :)

Let us know if this helps find the answer so others can benefit from this!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events