How to hide epic while applying filters/creating Jira dashboard

Malavika L P July 1, 2022

Hi

In our organisation epics are usually unassigned  and I wanted to hide the list of epics while applying filters(basic/JQL) and also from the Jira dashboard

What I currently do is I get list issuetype!=epic. But I would like check if there is any alternate option other than this

1 answer

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2022

Hi @Malavika L P -

Personally, this is how I'd remove epics from my JQL queries as well (or I'd list all the issue types that I want in the result). Are you experiencing any issue when adding that clause?

Malavika L P July 2, 2022

Hi @Carlos Garcia Navarro Actually the management has their own Jira dashboards and they wanted me to help avoid the epics as its causing confusion. So just wanted to check in community if there is any other option other than the one mentioned above.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2022

I agree with Carlos - that's how I would do it. 

Like Carlos Garcia likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events