How to get the number of test cases associated to a defect in Xray?

siddharth.asaithambi February 2, 2021

Dear Xray Team,

Please help me to find the count of test cases associated to a defect in Jira's Xray.

Regards,

Siddharth A

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi @siddharth.asaithambi 

On Xray, we have a configuration (Jira Admin \ Apps \ Xray \ Miscellaneous \ Link Defects with Test) that will automatically Link the Test cases with the Defects.

If you have this configuration enabled, the Test cases will be linked with the Defects, and by checking the Defect's links, you will find the associated Test cases.

Please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) if you need additional help on this subject.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Rawan Bardini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi Reogerio,

Is this feature only available for Xray Server and no on Xray Cloud?

I want to be clear as I have the Could version and I did not think this was possible.

Thanks,

Rawan

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2021

Hi @Rawan Bardini 

This feature is available in both server and cloud.

And in the cloud, you have more flexibility, as this option is available globally (configuration in the Jira Administration) or by the project (in the Project Settings).

In case you don't find this option in your instance, it is best to contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can help you further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Like Rawan Bardini likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events