How to get cycle summary summarized for each test step?

Manish Pathak May 8, 2017

In my setup, features to be included in a test cycle have associated test steps with them. Status of each test step executed is recorded as 'Blocked', 'Pass', 'Fail', 'WIP' (using Zephyr). I get execution details that show each test step and its result based on cycle, but to get this summary I have to export this data in an Excel and create a table (Pivot table) helps. 

Is it possible to get such a report directly from JIRA? The fields I would like to have are Test Summary (basically the feature getting tested) and count of status of each step for Test Summary as columns. 

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2017

If you are generally OK with Excel as tool, but want to save the repetitive part of re-creating the pivot table every time, then you could get the final result with one click using the Better Excel Plugin.

The idea is that this add-on generates Excel reports from templates, therefore you have to setup the pivot table in the templace only once, and it will be filled with the most current data every data.

See some Zephyr report samples

jira-zephyr-report

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events