How to get User preferences?

Gurram Gurram February 12, 2012

Hi,

From my plug-in code, I want to access the User preferences for "Own Changes:" filed. Here is my code

Preferences userPrefs = ComponentManager.getInstance().getUserPreferencesManager().getPreferences(currentUser);

String userOwnChanges = userPrefs.getString(PreferenceKeys.USER_NOTIFY_OWN_CHANGES);

I am getting the following exception

com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.InvalidPropertyTypeException: Tried to retrieve PropertySet key 'user.notify.own.changes' as a String, but it is the wrong type.
at com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.PropertySetCache.getString(PropertySetCache.java:256)
at com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.JiraCachingPropertySet.getString(JiraCachingPropertySet.java:629)
at com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.JiraUserPreferences.getString(JiraUserPreferences.java:94)
at com.teradata.engtools.jiraplugins.issueoperations.AddDetailedComment.isUserNotified(AddDetailedComment.java:567)
at com.teradata.engtools.jiraplugins.issueoperations.AddDetailedComment.notifySpecificComment(AddDetailedComment.java:349)
at com.teradata.engtools.jiraplugins.issueoperations.AddDetailedComment.addComment(AddDetailedComment.java:218)
at com.teradata.engtools.jiraplugins.issueoperations.AddDetailedComment.doAdd(AddDetailedComment.java:717)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70)
at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56)
at webwork.action.ActionSupport.invokeCommand(ActionSupport.java:433)
at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:157)
at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:54)
at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:139)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:168)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.JiraLastFilter.doFilter(JiraLastFilter.java:69)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

Is there any other way to achive this?

Thanks in advance!!

Raju

4 answers

1 vote
Gurram Gurram February 13, 2012

Sorry, when I use getBoolean, it works.

0 votes
Igor Guzenko May 19, 2014

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GADGETS010/Gadget+Object+API. To get preference you must call gadget.getPref("your_pref_name"); in gadget.xml file. Than you can pass it parametr to your rest source (via params) to make backend logic and return correct response.

0 votes
Martin Wiegand October 7, 2012

For getting user preferences from a gadget instance (portlet) programatically in java, you can find a good article here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/~aatkins/Atlassian+Intern+Adventures%3A+from+Portlet+to+Gadget

0 votes
Martin Wiegand October 7, 2012

Hi,

iam searching for a solution to read and update user preferences of a gadget in mein Rest service? How can I access the portlet instance preferences? The following does only return the global JIRA preferences:

ComponentAccessor.getInstance().getUserPreferencesManager().getPreferences(currentUser);

Regards

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events