How to generate Zephyr email notifications?

Jay Godse September 12, 2017

Our team uses Zephyr for test case management as an add-on to JIRA cloud. When a test status changes, we would like email notifications for all interested watchers.  I could not find any information on how to configure this.

Is it possible to generate such emails by configuring Zephyr or Jira to generate emails when a test status changes? If so,  how?

2 answers

0 votes
Mia Perron May 23, 2023

I don't know if folks have seen this, but Zephyr added a feature request for this in their new "ideas" portal. You should go vote for it if you have not already:

https://portal.productboard.com/smartbear/13-zephyr-scale/c/190-set-notifications-when-someone-executes-specific-actions-in-zephyr-scale 

0 votes
Arun Ravindran September 25, 2017

Hi Jay

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.

Currently we dont have an explicit email notification solution from Zephyr itself.However it is already present in Jira as a feature from Atlassian. Kindly refer the links below and any notification schemmes mentioned in these links apply to Zephyr's test issue type too

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-email-notifications-776636790.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/creating-a-notification-scheme-802592629.html

Let us know if you have any queries about the above mentioned

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Arshiya Ali February 12, 2020

Hello Arun

three years after the question above I am still searching for a way to configure emails to be sent from Zephyr on test case status change

Has anything changed?  Do you guys have a solution now?

Thankful for any updates!!

Miro Korja February 12, 2021

we would also love to have this feature. also the feature to get a notification if you assign a test cycle to a user, that the user would be alerted. as it now stands, we need to communicate in other ways when assigning tests. would be a good addition to the zephyr and as it's not a free add-on to jira would be a good addition for the cost.

hopefully we would hear something from ZephyrSupport concerning this.

Maya Chase March 18, 2022

I have a user wanting notifications on test case execution failure. Anything changed in the last year?

Like # people like this
Subodh Sohoni March 21, 2022

I am also looking for the same. An email is required to be sent to Developers if the test case execution status is set to Fail.

Mia Perron October 24, 2022

Same. I find it so surprising this very obvious feature is missing from one of the more robust test plug-ins. It also seems to go against the constant communication principle applied by Jira Software, where you get almost TOO MANY notifications.

Paul Dickerson March 15, 2023

I don't have access to create emails based on notifications. It would great if I could assign a user when creating the test and they be alerted when the test failed. I feel like I need an automation test for monitoring my automation test.

I get there are other ways to get alerted from jobs but I don't have access to those either. 

Anthony Egizi March 16, 2023

I would like to comment in general and in regard to this feature request that I see very little if any response from SmartBear/Zephyr team that any useful new features like this are being added - 

I see perfectly legitimate features suggested by users here (even years and years ago)  that competitive products already have and no traction or movement on any of it from the Zephyr Scale developers - 

Please send to users a list of the sprints and features you have outlined to implement in the coming year - then the users can decide if it is time to abandon your product

Mahak Urooj June 12, 2023

My team is also struggling with the same issue,
we don't get any notifications or emails if someone adds a comment in a test case during review cycle.
It becomes so difficult to go through all the test cases and find the comments to improve the test case quality,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events