How to find all issues assigned to a role?

Michael Holtermann November 1, 2017

According to the documentation I should be able to find all issues associated to a user in role "Testers" with this JQL:

"Assignees (By Roles)" = assignedRole("Testers")

In fact, it returns all tickets the "currentUser" is assigned to the role "Testers", which is identically to the JQL

"Assignees (By Roles)" = assignedRole("Testers", "currentuser@example.com")

I may use

"Assignees (By Roles)" = assignedRole("Testers", "anotherone@example.com")

to find tickets associated to "anotherone", but currently it seems to be impossible to get a list of all tickets with Testers assigned.

In this question you acknowledged this behavior, but I'm affraid it breaks an important feature.

And, by the way, even more important, how do we find all tickets with unassigned roles, e.g. all tickets in a specific release with no Tester assigned?

"Assignees (By Roles)" !=  assignedRole("Testers")

will return every possible combination - no role assigned,  some roles assigned, all roles assigned, tickets from projects without estimation scheme...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Michael

2 answers

0 votes
Ashish Agrawal December 12, 2018

Hi Michael,

Please use the query in the below format to get the result you are looking for - 

Assignees = assignedRole("Developer", "NOASSIGNEE")

You could also combine the above query with a Project in order to see results specific to that project such as 

Project = "Project-Name" and Assignees = assignedRole("Developer", "NOASSIGNEE")

The above issue has already been fixed in our latest Version 1.9.24, apologizes for the delay in the reply, we deeply regret if any trouble has been caused to you in the meantime. 

Please keep up to date with our latest version, we are working tirelessly everyday to make our customer experience better always and take immense pleasure in serving our customers.

Sometimes things take longer to be available than usual and i apologize again for the delay in the fix.

Incase, of any more queries or any assistance please reach out to us on jirasupport@adwebsoftware.com

Always happy to serve.

Thanks,

Ashish

Michael Holtermann December 12, 2018

Hi Ashish,

ah, tricky :-). We step back from the Add On nonetheless, since we're going to use  Portfolio for planning purposes now.

Kind regards,

Michael

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2017

Hi Michael,

To find all the tickets with no user assigned to a specific role, you can use:

"Assignees (By Roles)" =  assignedRole("Testers", "NULL")

And to find the tickets where any user is assigned to the role, that is the role has no null user, you can use following:

"Assignees (By Roles)" !=  assignedRole("Testers", "NULL")

Let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Michael Holtermann November 6, 2017

Hi Abhinav,

many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the queries do not work as expected :-/ 

The first one returns a lot of tickets with a user assigned, as well as a lot of tickets without an assignment.

The second query that should find tickets with any user assigned, returns no ticket at all.

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Hi Michael,

Have you recently re-indexed JIRA? Please take the latest update of the plugin and then reindex JIRA. Let us know how this goes, we can then go from there.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Michael Holtermann November 6, 2017

Hi Abhinav,

I've updated to 1.9.0 and re-indexed. Same results...

We're on Jira 7.5.1.

Thanks a lot!

Michael

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2017

Thanks for the information Michael. We will test this for any possible bug and try to come up with a fix asap.

Regards,

Abhinav.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events