It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to fill a Confiform form from an external database, and then update the database via the form

I've gotten as far as being able to pull information from a MySQL table into a field of type Database-Dropdown on my Confiform form.  Assuming that this success indicates that all configuration steps for the database connection are working properly, I now want to be able to modify information brought into the form and have the changes communicated to the database.

I viewed the CRUD site: (and one or two others that directed me to the site below)

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/CRUD+-+Simple+demo+to+show+how+to+setup+ConfiForms+to+save+data+to+database+table

Are there other resources anyone can point out, including ones that perhaps demonstrate how other field types like check boxes and radio buttons are handled?  Also, any other suggestions are welcomed.

Steve 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Probably this is the best page to cover this - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Accessing+field+values+and+properties

It explains what is stored (internal value) for each field type and what properties each field type has

Checkboxes operate on true/false and Radio buttons (same as dropdowns and checkbox groups) operate on options with properties id and label

Thanks for the tip, Alex!  Sounds like just what I need.

Steve 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How Unito's Newest Features Can Make Your Integrations Better

...ttachments another team sends over from Jira. Much easier for everyone involved. True sync for 100% of Trello native fields Trello is one of the most popular work management tools out there, and more Unito u...

175 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you