How to enable the "test" issue type?

María Silvana González August 7, 2015

After installing Zephyr for JIRA plugin in our Atlassian Cloud instance, we can see the "Tests" menu.

BUT when we select the "Create a Test" option, which take us to the "Create issue" window, THE "TEST" ISSUE TYPE IS NOT AVAILABLE (only Task, Story, Bug and Epic appear in the drop-down list).

What could be happening?

Any guidance will be welcome! Thanks a lot in advance!

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2015

Add the Test issue type from the issue type scheme of the respective project and save the issuetype scheme

María Silvana González August 9, 2015

I was able to solve the problem by executing the following steps: Went to Administration menu Selected Issues option Selected issue Type Schemes from the left hand vertical menu Looked for my project and clicked on the Edit hyperlink Selected "Test" from the "Available Issue Types" list on the right, dragged and dropped it into the "Issue Types for Current Scheme" list on the let. Clicked the Save button.

Like # people like this
Brian Ross August 10, 2015

Thank you for the follow-up!

theflashback September 10, 2018

right on, it works!

1 vote
Brian Ross August 7, 2015

In my short time using Zephyer, here is what I learned.

Yes, TEST is an issue type in JIRA, but in order to create a test, you need to go to the test button and select "create a test" not the issues button.  You don't use the Issues button to create your test.

But if you are creating more than 10 at a time, you might want to look at the import tool.

Good luck.

What you described Brian is exactly what I did. Clicked on "Tests" menu, selected "Create a Test" option... BUT wasn't able to create one since the correct "Issue Type" was not available.

0 votes
sbate August 25, 2019

Another possibility is that Zephyr doesn't support NextGen projects (as of Aug 2019).  If you have a NextGen project you need to migrate to Classic before the Zephyr integration will work.  (If you're in classic all these other solutions should be able to help you and hopefully Zephyr will fix this issue too.)  

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2015

Hi There,

We have to associate the issue type to the project in order to get the issue type while creating the issue.In this case issue type TEST.If you want the issue to be test by default you can do it by clicking on create test from the 'Tests' dropdown as Brian Ross has already explained.

Regards,
Zephyr Support.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2016

Hi Bibek Behera

It will be really nice if you could put that in the documentation here -https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZFJ0300/Create+Tests

0 votes

Maria,

I am not sure what is causing this issue.  If this was my issue, I would click on the gear icon on the upper right corner of JIRA (JIRA Administration), select Issues, make sure Issue Type "test" is listed at the bottom of the page.  If so, then click edit and make sure Test is listed as a option to be selected.

Other than that, look up how to open a ticket with Support and ask for help.

Hopefully someone else will see this and know how to resolve.

Brian

תמר איבגי January 13, 2019

hi can you tel me witch kind of project you select? on my project I don't see the posible test at all

0 votes

Exactly Brian.... I see a pop up, but "Tests" is not the predefined issue type.

Let me show you:

New Issue.jpg

In that list, only Task, Bug, Story and Epic are available.

0 votes

So just want to clarify what you are seeing.

You click "Tests" and select "Create a Test" (first picture below)

Then you don't see the "Create Issue" screen popup with the predefined issue type of Test (second picture below)?

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 9.26.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 9.26.15 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events