How to do automation for changing one status to another status of a ticket

Nirmalya Mohapatra July 21, 2021

Dear Team,

I have installed Automation for JIRA plugin.  

I have three different issue types, Animation, Lighting, Rendering. My requirement is when Animation type of ticket is done status, automatically Lighting ticket should be in In progress status, similarly when lighting ticket will be in done status, automatically rendering ticket should be in In progress status. Can you help to achieve this task.

Regards,

Nirmalya

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Nirmalya Mohapatra

please can you look for the "Issue transitioned" trigger being present in your installation?
For Server there are differences what the 'Lite' version provided but "Issue transitioned" seems to be an available trigger.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/getting-the-right-version-993924597.html

Am I right the issues are linked? If so, then working on a "branch" for linked issues (please see documentation for details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/concepts-993924598.html) should work.

However, I am only having Automation for Jira Cloud here but most of the concepts should be similar.

If you want it should be possible here to sketch a rule for Jira Cloud - that you could build 1:1 in your instance and test. Please do let us know here if you get stuck (perhaps also a screenshot would be helpful).

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Mark de Bont July 21, 2021

Create a new rule > Trigger on Status Changed > Then Transition Issue (this is for Server)

Nirmalya Mohapatra July 21, 2021

thanks Mark for your reply. but i can't see that option, Trigger on Status Changed .can i send the screenshot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events