How to create survey in Altassian Confluence page

Vakula June 8, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to create a basic survey in confluence page with list of questions. Where, I would be requesting team to take the survey from the page and submit, and the results would not be displayed to team but available to the survey owner. Does confluence has an option to do this? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

4 answers

2 votes
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

So thinking a little outside the box... and I don't know for certain if this would work or not for your particular use-case, so let me know lol.

If you have space-admin rights... could you create your survey as a TEMPLATE, with instructional text for prompting what should be in written submission portions, and select checkboxes for selection items or the like... then have a "Create Page from Template" button on the parent page for the survey instructions that will create a new page using that template as a child of the survey instructions page, and ask each user to apply permissioning to their response page for yourself and them (if you wanted reponses locked down)

As additional functionality, you could create (in the template) a Page Properties macro table for people to enter their responses in, and then on the parent page you could have the Page Properties Report macro to automatically populate the summary responses in a single table to show all the responses together!

Just a thought... I know it's been a while since this question was posted, but I wanted to offer a little more of a creative approach that doesn't require purchasing an add-on, or using another tool.

0 votes
Mikael Mikkola December 4, 2018

Make a comment for each choice alternative. Have the people "like" the alternatives they support.

Easy but not anonymous.

Anonymous version

Produce an extra user account "Voter" with a known password to allow for anonymous comments. If you want to use it also for anonymous votes, ask each user to change voting counts by one (or to add a new subcomment for each comment they want to vote).

0 votes
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2018

hi @Vakula

As @Scott Theus suggested, I recommend Survey and Vote macro as we are currently using it.   

Senthilkumar January 29, 2019

is that free?

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hi Vakula,

I'm not aware of a way to run a survey in Confluence without having to write a macro into the page to collect and send each completed survey somewhere (like another page, an email, etc.) where the results would have to be compiled manually.

There are, however, a number of add-ons for Confluence that include surveys. You would probably be better off trying one of those. 

-Scott

Vakula June 8, 2018

Thanks Scott.

Do anyone have suggestions for Add-ons for taking survey, that work good with confluence? 

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2018

I haven't used any of these, I normally use Survey Monkey outside of Jira. It looks like there are six for Confluence, two with a high number for installs and reviews:

Since you can get  a free trial, I'd say give them both a shot and see which you like better.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/195/survey-and-vote-macros?hosting=server&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/261/forms-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

-Scott

Like Silja Nordmeyer-Andrez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events