How to create calculated member for Issue Type based on a field value?

Manohar Kurapati March 15, 2018

Hi 

I am new to EazyBI and MDX syntax. I have an issue type 'Task' with a field 'Task Type' which specifies the type of the task (Eg: Architecture / Technical / Project Management etc).

I would like to create a Calculated member in Issue type so that I can segregate this Issue Type field by different Task types and use that calculated member for various measure.

1. Calculated Measure name: Architecture Tasks
    •  Sample JQL :   IssueType = Task AND 'Task Type' = 'Architecture'
  2. Calculated Measure: Technical Tasks
    • Sample JQL: IssueType = Task AND 'Task Type' = 'Technical'

Please can you help with the MDX for the above calculated measures.

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Manohar Kurapati

You could use the tuples from eazybi: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/calculated-measures#Calculatedmeasures-Tuples 

In your case something like: 

([issuetype].[Task],[Task Type].[Architecture]) 

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2021

@Fabian Lim is correct; tuples are the way to go!

Only, in addition, I would suggest you also add a measure you wish to see the totals for (eazyBI saying goes "Measure is a treasure!" ;)). So the complete new calculated member would be:

(
  [Measures].[Issues created],
  [Issue Type].[Task],
  [Task Type].[Architecture]
)

Or you can select the measures and use the Issue Type and Task Type dimensions as page filters.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events