How to create an automation based on a filter?

Fanny Godin March 16, 2022

Hello, 

I would like to use jira automation for a case when the issues are under a filter which contained a specific status of the board + a date (7 days after a date mentioned in a field).

When tickets are under this status, I want to close them automatically.

I have 2 hints but I wasn't able to do it:

1/ It seems I couldn't select a trigger like "Issue filtered" so that I can select my filter mentioned above and then choose the transition from the current status to closed.

2/ If I use the condition status = my_status and the date in the field X is after 7 days ago, then what trigger should I use?

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Fanny Godin ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Reading your requirments, in my opinion, you should put in place some job that periodically run in order to do what you need.

ScriptRunner for cloud provides what you need https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/scheduled-jobs.html

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2022

Scriptrunner is also $$$$$ and can require scripting skills.  Just a thought.

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your answer.

Seems like it will work using the trigger "Scheduled" then. But I'm wondering if I have to add conditions or if JQL search (inside the trigger) will be sufficient.

Update: It works using Scheduled trigger with the addition of the JQL query!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Yes, I know :) Sorry but I missed notification about your previous comment. Please @Fanny Godin , mark my answer as accepted

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events