How to create a page for each filtered table that will get all the data from a "Mother" table

Racheli Shuraty May 11, 2021

Hi all,

I am managing data on a "Mother table".

My customers, need to only access a few items on the table.

I wish to create few separate pages with a relevant filter from the same "Mother" table.

For example, one filter is regional, that's how my Australian customers will have a page that is "filter locket" for AUS.

Another customer only needs to access the filter "Status", I wish to create a separate page for them to pull the relevant data/

what is the best way to do it?

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Racheli Shuraty 

In this case, you can try the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros to display data from one page to another and then filter it with our Table Filter macro:

Here's the example:

2021-05-12_13h12_41.png2021-05-12_13h12_46.png2021-05-12_13h16_52.png2021-05-12_13h17_17.png2021-05-12_13h13_03.png2021-05-12_13h17_35.png

Katerina
Stiltsoft

Racheli Shuraty May 26, 2021

Hi Thanks a lot for your help

Tried that and received this  error on the "child" page

What am I missing?

Capture.PNG

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2021

Hi @Racheli Shuraty

Please raise a support request then and attach pages storage format.

You can view the Confluence storage format for a given page by choosing  ...  in the top right corner  - >   ​View Storage Format​.

Thanks!

Katerina
Stiltsoft

Hi

is it possible that since I'm not an admin I cannot reach to the support request?

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

You may try to attach your screenshots here - it seems that your Table Excerpt Include doesn't get the table from the Table Excerpt macro.

Attach the macrobodies (settings) of these two macros - maybe smth is wrong with their names or smth.

Parent table

Capture 3.PNG

Child table

Capture 1.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Please, make the screenshots of the Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macro bodies - where you specify their names and where your Include macro should look for the Excerpt macro.

Do you see the parent table in the preview of the Table Excerpt Include macro?

Racheli Shuraty May 29, 2021

Parent table:

1. view mode

5.PNG

1.1 Parent table

"Edit mode'

6.PNG

2. Child table, view mode

7.PNG

2.2 Child table. edit mode 8.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2021

And again you didn't give me the screenshots of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macro settings - I can't get why your Excerpt Include doesn't collect your source table.

From your screenshots of the edit mode I can see only the beginning of your settings near the macro name - name = NPI Status Database.

Check that the name is 100 percent the same for the both macros and check where you find your Excerpt.

You should definitely see you sorce table into the Excerpt Include preview.

Here is our documentation related to these macros.

sorry, here is another screenshot

1. parent table

1.PNG

2. child table

2.PNG

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ 

thanks for your help, are these screenshots helpfull? 

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2021

For the second screenshot you have a "Specific page" chosen but nothing for the "Page title" - specify the title of the page with your Excerpt macro.

yes! this is what I was missing,

thank you!

is there a way to choose only a few coloumns to show on the child table? 

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2021

Go to the Table Filter macro settings > Filters tab and check the Hide columns option.

Then go to the Filtration tab > Set filters' default values > Columns to hide and specify the columns that you don't want to show.

Racheli Shuraty May 30, 2021

thaks!

is there a way to create filtration on edit mode?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2021

Unfortunately, not for Cloud due to the new editor limitations.

got it.

This was very helpful for me, thank you very much! appreciate it

if you don't mind.

One last question,,

how do I set a rull of one column to hide a row?

for example IF status= Done,--> hide

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2021

Check this abstract - you need to use reversed filters.

Thanks,

is there also a way or "freeze" a few columns on both view & edit mode?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2021

Yes, there is an option to freeze columns and rows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events