How to create a new location for a new web section in confluence?

Suraiya Banu July 9, 2012

Hi All,

I have added a new tab in the user profile using as web item, I want to know how can i create new sections inside my new tab and what should I include in the location parameter? Can anyone please help me with this?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

You can add new sections but only under the existing pluggable locations. For your new tab, you should be able to do whatever you want programmatically, right? i.e. not using the location parameter.

Suraiya Banu July 10, 2012

Thanks Jobin, that is what I was wondering about, so it is clear now that I cannot define a new location for adding new sections in user defined tabs in confluence.

Cheers

Suraiya

Paul Curren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2012

Well as Jobin says, you can do what you like in your tab.

If wanted to supportfurther pluggable tabs then in your Velocity template you could do something along the lines of -

<div id="tab-navigation">
   <ul class="tab-navigation">
        #foreach ($item in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableItems("my.plugin.point", $action.webInterfaceContext))
        <li #if ($tab == $item.key) class="current tab" #else class="tab" #end>
            <a href="$item.link.getDisplayableUrl($req, $action.webInterfaceContext)">$item.label.getDisplayableLabel($req, $action.webInterfaceContext)</a>
        </li>
        #end
    </ul>
</div>

However, without understanding your full requirements I couldn't say whether this is a suitable approach for you or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events