How to create a fillable form template and auto-generated summary page

Mike Wrock July 5, 2021

In the process of testing, our test engineers are required to find and report issues. Our current process is to use a template page for each test session, and within the template is a table that contains each issue that occurred. What I would like to do is create a customized form that can be easily filled out and embedded in the table on the test report page.

The test report page is then analyzed by the developers and appropriate jira tasks are created. An "Issues in progress" page is then updated with the respective jira task. Ideally, I would like an auto generated table containing all the issues.

Hopefully I can explain my needs through the use of an example:

1. Test engineer performs testing on day 1, creating a "Test Report: Day 1" page
  2. On day 1, 4 issues are noted: A, B, C, and D
  3. The test engineer adds 4 entries to "Test Report: Day 1" for issues A-D using the custom form (what I'm trying to figure out how to implement)
  4. The developer analyzes the data and creates jira task ROB-1 for issues A, B, and C and a task ROB-2 for issue D
  5. The test engineer creates pages for days 2 through 5, as well as issues E through M, which become jira tasks ROB-3 through ROB-5
  6. The manager is able to view a summary page that contains an entry for jira tasks ROB-1 through ROB-5 with references to each issue the jira task is linked to
  7. As the jira tasks are completed, the respective issues' status is changed accordingly

An example fillable form that I would use (bold entries to be filled out by a different user):

• Robot used
  • Time of occurrence
  • Steps leading up to issue
  • Issue description
  • Relevant log files
  • Issue status
  • Jira task

2 answers

0 votes
Stepan Fedortsiv_SaaSJet August 18, 2021

Hi @Mike Wrock 

I this Business Process Manager Add-on would help here. I'm a Product Manager at the company that offers it.

With this plugin, you can set the process when testers fill the predefined forms embedded in the issues. Every field from form can be linked to some particular issue field. So, you can use native Jira functionality to play with this data.

Moreover, once you create the form or scope of forms as a Template, you can run it unlimited amount of times.

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2021

Probably something like page properties can be mixed together and could help you to create something like that, but we suggest to look at "forms" plugins to help you with managing structured data within Confluence

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/app/confluence/top-rated?hosting=cloud&moreFilters=vendorSupported&query=forms 

Disclaimer: I am the PM for ConfiForms and what you are looking for to implement (and a lot more) can be done with ConfiForms plugin

Alex

Mike Wrock July 12, 2021

This looks like it will do what I was looking for, thanks! I'll give it a try and report back

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events