How to create a JQL returning the XRay tests which have been executed by a specific account?

sgoffin October 13, 2020

We use XRay as our Test management plugin and it's integrated with our automation framework, which automatically updates all test results from the framework into a new XRay Test execution or an existing test case execution.

For this purpose we use a generic Jira account, which doesn't expire and has a set of very specific entitlements. 

For reporting reasons and to get a better understanding of the adoption of the framework I would like to start reporting on the amount of tests executed by this generic user account - which should give us quite a good understanding whether test cases are actually adopted or still ran manually despite these being automated already.

Is there a possibility to search for Test cases, through JQL, with a parameter "Executed by". I assume this is linked to the TestRunStatus and as such I'm OK with multiple solutions as they give me some insights already.

- Amount of Test runs, linked to this generic test account
- #tests with latest test run executed by this account 

Or any proposal how to measure this would be appreciated a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Hi @sgoffin 

We would like to share with you our document: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Enhanced+querying+with+JQL
In this document, you'll found below topics:

testExecutionTests - Returns a List of Test issues associated with the input Test Execution issues from P1 optionally filtered by the current test run status for each Test issue.

testExecWithTestRunsAssignedToUser - Returns a list of test executions where a user has at least one test run assigned to him. You can optionally specify a user with P1, or if the user is omitted the current user will be used. Note that if you are not logged in to JIRA, a user must be specified.

Hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Sérgio

________

Solution Architect and Testing Advocate @Xray

Personal blog on testing, Agile, and software development: https://sergiofreire.com

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/darktelecom

Vikas S April 8, 2022

Hi Sergio,

I need a help on gadgets and reporting that x-ray has. 

We created a gadget name overall test results, can I use that filter which I used inside the gadgets in test execution report under x-ray - reports feature to get the report and it should match the count with overall test results gadgets count, I mean each distributed status count should match with my report count(report contains different status that is Total tests, Pass, Todo, Fail, Executing and Aborted. I tried but it is showing no record found. But when I execute the filter in jql search box it is showing list of tests(Test cases). Let me know the way i approach is correct to get the report.

Thanks,
Vikas

Senthilkumar Ananthakrishnan January 18, 2024

Sergio,

Quick Q

I have Execution  status and Test Execution JIRA key status. On RTE, I can make execution as Pass however I dont know how to make Test execution status as Done automatically?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events