How to copy comment from linked issue

Lukáš Černý March 6, 2018

Hello I have problems synchronizing linked issues.

I have rule to create linked issue when changing state, that works great.

Then I have rule to copy description and add comment to linked Issue via For Linked Issues.

First is to copy Description from original issue that also works great.

Then I have Comment on issue and this doesn't work at all.

I tried {{issue.comments.last.body}} that didn't add any comment. Then I tried some sample text but didn't work either.  I though this would add comment to that linked issue. Am I using this function wrong?

Thank you,

Lukas

1 answer

0 votes
Lukáš Černý March 6, 2018

OK I got this working with {{comment.body}}.

But how do you get comment when transitioning between states? Then I always get Comment body can not be empty

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Hi Lukas,

Is this in server or in cloud?  {{issue.comments.last.body}} should definitely work regardless of the trigger.

There have been some changes in Jira Cloud recently from Atlassian's side where they separated the issue transitioned and commented webhook into 2 separate events (transitioned & comment_created), which is why {{comment.body}} doesn't work in Jira Cloud anymore.

Can you raise a support request please via https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 and include:

• Server or Cloud
  • If in server, your versions of Jira & Automation of Jira
  • Screenshots of your rule configuration, audit log for this rule and the issue showing the comments that are not showing up

Cheers,
Andreas 

Like Mark Hostetler likes this
Lukáš Černý March 7, 2018

Hello Andreas,

I am in Cloud. I got linked issues comments synced by {{comment.body}} (strangely, with {{issue.comments.last.body}} I got copy of last comment from issue (So I had duplicates), but with {{comment.body}} I managed to get linked issue's comment into issue I wanted). But now I have different problem. I have rule on transition to copy comment given from popup when transitioning. Can you please tell me which smart value would copy thath comment? Otherwise sure, I will create support ticket later today.

Thank you,

Lukas

Melody Baughman April 10, 2020

I am trying this and still running into issue. I tried the following conditions:

When comment added --> If link type is duplicates or is duplicated by --> Then add comment ${triggerissue.comment}

This didn't work. I've also tried

{{triggerIssue.comment.last.body}} and {{trigguerIssue.comment}}

Each time it copies the syntax instead of copying the variable I'm requesting.

and we use Jira server, if that helps. Thanks!

Prasad Shiraskar May 8, 2020

I've a similar requirement but I want to copy the public comment from one issue to all of it's linked issues.

If the comment is internal it should copy to Internal on all the linked issues. 

Is this possible?

Prasad Shiraskar May 11, 2020

I was able to achieve this

Master_to_Child_Comment_Updates.png

Like JAVA likes this
JAVA July 6, 2020

Thanks for your flow. Now, I have problem with the generated comment don't copy the image. Any solution for it?

image.png

Like Madhankumar K likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events