• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to copy a description from one issue to another when I hnow her ID Edited

Hello, I want ask for help. I have created one issue (task) with specific description. Now with jira automation I create lot of stories where I want to field Description was filled with content from my issue (task).

Example: I have created in backlog issue task1(ID = IS_1) with description ABC. Now I start jira automation which create lot of stories... and some of these stories should have description laoded from task1(ID = IS_1) with description ABC

I try this: 
{{key=IS_1}} {{description}} but not working because automation is not started from task1. If I start automation from task1 then it is working but this is not applicable to me.

Any idea how copy content from one issue to another when I hnow ID of source issue?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Feb 17, 2021

Hi Pavol,

Please try this:

{{triggerissue.description}}

ABC

hi @John Funk I can't use this because it takes information from issue which triggered automation. But I need to get that information from an independent issue task1(ID = IS_1) whose ID I know but is not a part of jira automation.

task1 - independent issue in backlog
jira automation - create independent issues which have nothing common with task1 only that they are on a common project

So simple:
task 1 have description "ABC" 
now i start jira automation from independent issues and i just need to jira automation look for information in task1 where I know issue ID (ID = IS_1) and take these information to issues which will create. 

John Funk Community Leader Feb 17, 2021

If they have nothing in common and are not the trigger issue, how would you ever be able to retrieve data? Is it always the same task 1 that you are pulling the data from? Meaning will you always use the same issue key for that? 

If so, you might be able to implement a Branch that uses JQL to identify the value. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

117 views 2 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you