How to configure project with 4 components and 3 business streams

luk edu September 28, 2020

Hi guys.

I'm pretty new to JIRA.

I'm starting a new project. We will work with different teams, on 4 systems (DB, FRONT, AUTH, CORE)  separate teams. 

Each of our 4 systems will go through  different versions during the development process.

We are working with three business streams  (HR, SALES and SERVICE). Each stream have different requirement sets, and each system will be delivered in fazes. Fazes require different component versions. 

IE

SALES V1 need DBv1; FRONT V1; AUTH V1; CORE V1

HR v1 need DBv1; FRONT v2; AUTH V2; CORE V1

etc,etc

In my company we use JIRA-7 server version, and we have structure plugin installed.

I would like to use Structure.Gantt to visualize progress

Using structure to monitor general progress seems nice to 

I'm looking for best approach for this kind of project, how to approach get best results

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Hi @luk edu 

There are a few ways of approaching such a task. I would definitely recommend grouping by systems and by streams, though order of grouping would be up to you. For version matching, you probably can set up a traffic-light formula in the structure table, but it depends where versions are stored.

Structure.Gantt setup should be pretty basic, when the structure itself is built.

I understand this is not a lot to go with, but without an in-depth understanding of processes, it is hard to give recommendations.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events