How to configure SSH keys for GIT version control viewer?

chandramouli kollipara September 23, 2012

I am unable to configure GIT version control viewer.

I am getting the following exception in the logs

2012-09-24 19:10:38,397 QuartzWorker-1 WARN ServiceRunner GitRevisionIndexerJob [xiplink.jira.git.GitManagerImpl]

org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: git@192.168.1.21:chandu: UnknownHostKey: 192.168.1.21. RSA key fingerprint is 00:35:ce:fd:b4:63:55:4b:fb:b0:9c:49:5b:22:38:3c

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.SshTransport.getSession(SshTransport.java:121)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh$SshFetchConnection.<init>(TransportGitSsh.java:248)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh.openFetch(TransportGitSsh.java:147)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.executeImp(FetchProcess.java:127)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.execute(FetchProcess.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.fetch(Transport.java:1062)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.GitManagerImpl.fetch(GitManagerImpl.java:457)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndex(RevisionIndexer.java:282)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.access$000(RevisionIndexer.java:49)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer$1.run(RevisionIndexer.java:191)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.runAndCollectCounters(RevisionIndexer.java:170)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndex(RevisionIndexer.java:200)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexJob.execute(RevisionIndexJob.java:19)

at com.atlassian.sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService.run(JiraPluginSchedulerService.java:94)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:47)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: UnknownHostKey: 192.168.1.21. RSA key fingerprint is 00:35:ce:fd:b4:63:55:4b:fb:b0:9c:49:5b:22:38:3c

at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.checkHost(Session.java:757)

at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:321)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:116)

How can I resolve this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Levchenko September 26, 2012

That's strange

Can you do these steps to provide me more information to solve your problem:

1. Add:

log4j.logger.com.xiplink.jira.git = DEBUG, console, file

to log4j.properties (this file is somewhere under you jira installation)

2. Restart Jira

3. Collect errors and send log file to support@bigbrassband.com

4. Also please add your Jira version, Git plugin version and OS used to run jira

Thanks

1 vote
Andrey Levchenko September 24, 2012

Try to do the following

1. log as user which is used to run jira
  2. cd to git repository
  3. try to run git pull origin master
  4. answer yes to the prompts appear
  5. also make sure that no password is set for ssh keys
0 votes
chandramouli kollipara September 25, 2012

I tried git pull origin master in my GIT repository logging in as the user used to run Jira and it worked fine.

But when I am running reindex from GIT version control viewer,I am getting the same error (Unknown HOST key error).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events