How to change status of a program from "Not Started" in BigPicture

Swaroop Rao March 24, 2020

We use Jira Cloud and we have a paid subscription to BigPicture. I have created 5 programs that are defined by using a combination of project selection and JQL filters (for issue types). The problem is that every program shows up as "Not Started" and I am not able to figure out how or where to change the status of the program to something else. All the stories/epics within those programs are in progress or completed so I assumed that will trickle up into the program status but it apparently doesn't. I have defined the start and end date for the program and I have also defined PIs and Iterations. What else do I need to do?

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
SB April 6, 2020

Just spent some time figuring this out. If you are in BigPicture "home", on the top left click on the "Kanban board" view setting. There you can move the status for each program.

Swaroop Rao April 6, 2020

Thank you. Yes, I figured it out some time back but I thought it was highly unintuitive and not well documented, in my opinion.

Like # people like this
Igor Bushovskiy October 1, 2020

Is it possible to update these columns?

Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

intuitive and unit testing is definitely not BP's strength points.. pfft

3 votes
George Matrozos April 28, 2020

@SB Can you please share a screenshot on how you did this

Yuri Cavazin Serillo April 29, 2020

start_program_bigpicture.PNG

Just go to the BigPicture - Home page...then switch your view to Kanban board...you will see three columns. Drag and Drop your desired program to the 'In Progress' column.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2020

You'll soon be able to change the status of a program by mouse right-clicking it, from the context menu.

right-click-program-status.png

George Matrozos May 26, 2020

Great news

Bruna Junckes Sant Anna June 17, 2021

when?

0 votes
Richard Coles September 16, 2020

Is it possible to add more statuses to the existing three of Not Started, In Progress, Closed ?

Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Richard Coles 

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. The feature request ONE-4626  addresses this requirement. Please note that its status is 'Gathering interest' meaning that we have still not make a decision on implementing this and are assessing the need for this improvement based on our customers' feedback. 

I hope that this clarifies. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

0 votes
Johannes Frenzel June 29, 2020

Hi, how to change the status of an iteration or PI within a program? Thanks!

Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2020

Hello Johannes

Currently, the status of a Program Increment or Iteration can be changed from 'Not started' to 'In progress', to 'Done' in the Roadmap or Board module, by pressing the 'i' button, see fig. 1.

Starting BigPicture 8 (to debut in mid-2020), you'll be able to change the statuses by right-clicking a PI or iteration in the Overview home screen, see fig. 2.

More on the new context menus

Fig. 1

bigpicture-board-change-status-pi-iteration.png

Fig. 2

context-menu-overview-bigpicture.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events