How to change state of web section plugin module using atlassian api

Sushant June 12, 2013

I have defined web section plugin module in my atlassian-plugin.xml

<web-section key="pluginkey" name="pluginname" location="admin_plugins_menu" weight="100" state="disabled">
<label key="plugin space"/>
<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.UserIsAdminCondition" />
</web-section>

and by default its state is disabled. I am also using atlassian licensing api.
I want to display this web section to user only after perfrming validation on jira-license.
how do I make web section enable again after perfroming license check?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

I think it is as straight forward as writing a new validation class and define that class name in your web-item definition in the atlassian-plugin.xml

And in the validation class, use the license api and check for the license status.

Read this https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Item+Plugin+Module#WebItemPluginModule-conditionElements

Sushant June 16, 2013

This can also be done using pluginController.disablePluginModule() method

0 votes
Sushant June 12, 2013

HI zezeto,

I have not provided web-item module in my question but i have defined them in my plugin.xml. And my web section module is working fine with location="admin_plugins_menu". I want to know how to make this section enabled and disabled using jira api

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Hi,

I think that you have missed , web-item or in location replace "admin_plugins_menu" with "system.admin"

look to this example, it can help you.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Section+Plugin+Module

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events