How to change page key in Simple Wiki?

Borek Bernard April 28, 2015

I know the GUI says that I can't change the page key, but what if I really need to? Should I copy the page? Will the copy maintain its history? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2015

Hi Borek,

from the API perspective, there is no way to change the page key.

You could try to change it via the database directly, but there will be a few repercussions. Specifically, anywhere the page is mentioned will not be updated. The rest (history, comments, permissions, ..etc) should remain intact.

As to your second question, If you copy a page, the copy will not contain any history of the original, only the page content (and tags + files if you chose).

Let me know if you have more questions, or need help. Feel free to reach out directly at support@tss.io

Cheers
Anthony 

Borek Bernard May 11, 2015

Breaking the backlinks but still being able to change the key via GUI would be a very welcome addition. Is there a chance you'll add it?

Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2015

At the moment, it's not on our roadmap. We haven't had anyone request it before you. Do you encounter this use case often?

Borek Bernard May 11, 2015

Not often. If you just documented how to do it manually (what db table to update etc.) that would be probably enough for the time being.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events