How to call plugin UI on Transition click

jawedshaikh April 16, 2017

I want to call plugin UI on Transition click. I donot want to display Plugin UI on main JIRA UI.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2017

There is not a framework in JIRA to do this.  A workflow transition gives you the transition screen (if you choose to set one) and that's all.  Add-ons don't have direct access to that because it's part of the core functionality.

You'd need to hack the core functionality to enable it directly.

Indirectly, you could add a field that triggers your add-on, but I suspect that would be clumsy and not as functional as you would like.

A better option would be to work with the system.  Why are you trying to do this?  What is the goal of it?  Why not do it with transision screens, conditions, validators, post-functions etc?

jawedshaikh April 17, 2017

I am having requirement to upload some fields to other website. i have download plugin for that but i dont want to display that plugin UI to every user. Is this possible to hide Plugin UI from Specific user because i dont want to give access to other users. But that plugin is display on main screen of Jira just like other fields. Please give me solution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2017

>I am having requirement to upload some fields to other website

The plugin you have downloaded obviously doesn't work as part of a transition for the reasons I've given already.

If you want to send data over to another system during a transition, you will need to find or write a post-function to do the send, or, if the other system supports web-hooks, use them to post the data.  That process will need to take data from fields on the issue which you are transitioning.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events