It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to calculate Story Point all the way up hierarchy? Edited

In our Jira project, we have issuetypes grouped by hierarchy. They are:

• Program
  • Project
  • Initiative
  • Epic
  • Story

Stories are where points are given. I'd like to be able to report from a Program level, the total number of Story Points completed vs. Story Points Not Completed. In Jira I have a filter using "issuekey in childIssuesOf". 

Is there a similar way to do this in eazyBI?

1 answer

Hi @Nitin Joshi ,

You could take a look at apps like: sumUp These will do most of the have lifting, you just need to configure it.

I do wonder what the benefit is of summing story point from different teams. All teams have a different velocity and a different way of estimating. In some teams a story point could be an equivalent of an hour while in others it could be a day. Does summing these up make sense for you at the Program level?

Thanks Rudy for the feedback.  Yes summing up works as we have a consistent policy across all Squads on estimating. But my issue is with eazyBI, I can get the info in the Jira Gadgets but I'd like to create a living Dashboard in eazyBI that I can share with management and they can drill down as they please.

Ok, sorry Nitin. I can't help you out there. You might want to post the same question into the eazybi community as they seem to be expert on the matter. 

However this post might steer you in the right direction, although you need to do some more scripting for establishing your hierarchy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Calendar Integration App for Meeting Notes: Meetical for Confluence

Croomo & Meetical success story  Team Type: Business & Software Development  There are three mains teams at Croomo using the Atlassian suite, with around 50 people in tot...

193 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you