How to bulk select filtered items in Structure

Richard Kramer March 23, 2023

Hello,

I have the following regular use case in my Jira Structure:

I have built a 3 level hierarchy. I apply a filter via transitions to filter for specific sub-tasks on 3rd level. 1st and 2nd level items are still visible but greyed out with my filter applied.

Result looks sth like this:

1 Story
-1.1 Task
--1.1.1 Sub-task
2 Story
-2.1 Task
--2.1.1 Sub-task

I want to select and make bulk changes to the filtered sub-tasks (30+ issues at once). However, the parent items will still be part of my selection when I try to select all filtered items in one click.

The workarounds I use are 
1) select every filtered sub-task one-by-one and skip the parent items in between or
2) create the filter outside of Structure and trigger my bulk edits there

Any ideas to make this more efficient? Advice is highly appreciated :-)  

2 answers

1 vote
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023
To select and make bulk changes to the filtered sub-tasks in your Jira Structure, you can enable the "Show full hierarchy" checkbox in the Filters menu. Once enabled, the issues that match your filters will appear normally on your timeline, while the non-matching child issues, as well as their parent level issues, will appear greyed out. You can then deselect the checkbox to only show the issues that match your query and select all filtered sub-tasks at once for bulk changes. This should make the process more efficient for you.
Richard Kramer March 23, 2023

Hi @Riley Venable 
Thank you for your quick reply. My filter menu looks like this:2023-03-24_Screenshot_000160.png
I cannot find a "Show full hierarchy" checkbox. Am I in the wrong menu?

0 votes
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2023

Hello @Richard Kramer ,

As far as I am aware, your workarounds are the only solutions available.

Please feel free to share your idea and use case here.  We love hearing new suggestions!

Best,
David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events