How to bring data from SQL databases inside Jira Service Desk Cloud

We've all been there before: you need to raise a request on a support portal because we have an issue with something, and you look at the request form, feeling overwhelmed by all the information you need to retrieve and fill in manually just to submit your request. 

On the other side of the portal, there's a Jira Service Management agent, scratching his head, because the information the customer input in the form is incomplete or, worse, incorrect. 

At Elements, we believe there must be a better way to work on such requests. Since 2008 our team has specialized in building apps for Jira and Confluence that help users be more productive, and that make more room for work that matters. Building on the success of Elements Connect for Jira Server & Data Center, we've launched a new app for Jira Cloud. Here's what it enables you to do as of now.

Display information from your SQL databases on the Jira Service Management portal

Simplify request creation by adding "connected items" that fetch their values from your external datasources to your request forms. Instead of having to manually input information, Jira Service Management customers are guided to make the right selection by the autocomplete items, while read only items allows you display important information from your SQL database. 

In the below example, we used Elements Connect for Jira Cloud to query our Asset Manager that stores assets in an PostgreSQL database, and fetch information about a broken printer. 

ScreenFlow3.gif

Customize how your data is displayed

Fetching data from your SQL databases is one thing, but being able to  customize how it's displayed so it makes sense to agents and customers is much better. Elements Connect for Jira Cloud has you covered: it enables you to completely personalize the display of the data you pull from your data sources with HTML and native AUI components. 

Display connected items.png

Prioritize Jira tickets and create queues based on data from your SQL database

The data you'll bring in Jira Service Management using Elements Connect is usable to create queues and help agents sort and prioritize issues in order to ensure appropriate support to end-users. 

As you can see on the below screenshot, you simply have to create a new queue based on a JQL query referring to a connected item's value. 

ScreenFlow 2.gif

Sounds like a dream come true? Our product team is eager to get your feedback. 

Try the app for free now 

3 comments

Comment

Deleted user March 6, 2020

great article congratulations, only that, I don't know if it's just my problem or it depends on some defect in the article, I don't see the pictures you attached.

Julie d'Antin [Elements]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 10, 2020

Hi @[deleted] , thanks! Really glad you like the article. Does it work better now? I've uploaded again the pictures.

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user March 28, 2020

hi @Julie d'Antin [Elements] I will try the plugin very soon, I have two very interested customers. I'll let you know.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events