How to be notified of questions asked on my specialties in the Smart Questions and Answers plugin?

Greg July 19, 2020

With the Smart Questions and Answers plugin, we can ask questions and tag them as being related to one topic or another.  For example, one question might get tagged as being about "cake," another about "cookies."  I don't know much about cake, but I know a lot about cookies.   When someone asks a question about cake, well, there's not much I can do to help.  But when someone asks a question cookies, I need to know!

How can I be automatically notified when a questioned tagged "cookies" is asked, without also being notified every time a question tagged just "cakes" is asked?

I have seen in the plugin's documentation that "You can either watch an entire topic or labels within a topic. . . . To watch a label please click on the eye-symbol next to the label in the used labels section (if configured)."

It looks as if it is the watching of labels that I want, but that's seemingly available only "(if configured)."  How can I configure it?

It might be relevant that I am using version 2.17.2 of the plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217690/smart-questions-and-answers?hosting=server&tab=overview

1 answer

0 votes
Greg July 20, 2020

Ha.  The good ol' hide-and-seek game.

My mistake had been that, next to the Search this topic field (on the page to which I added the Overview macro), I had (I guess) at some point in the past clicked on the Watch in Watch this topic (and thereby replaced the long ago forgotten Watch this topic with the Unwatch this topic).  As a result, none of the labels had an eye icon.  To reveal those icons in the labels, I needed only to click on Unwatch in Unwatch this topic.

I was tipped off by this note:

Label watch symbols: the symbols to watch/unwatch a question label are now hidden when you watch the entire topic.

in the release notes of version 1.15.0 of the plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events