How to automatically link a ticket based on text in body/description

David Cook July 1, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to use the "Automation for JIRA" plugin to simplify the linking process within my tickets (and increase quality within my team as they mention certain items).

I am successfully linking items when the ID is mentioned in a comment, using one of the default automations that comes with the plugin. 

However, I have been unsuccessful at linking items with the ID is mentioned in the body/description of a story. Instead, I keep getting an error,

"At least one of 'id' or 'key' is required to identify an issue."

The rule I am using is below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 2.50.37 PM.png

And, although the rule matches on the initial "If" statement, if fails on the Link, which makes me think that I must not be using the pattern syntax appropriately (but this is the same syntax as I see on the 'Link on comment' automation).

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 2.51.37 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Neetu Verma February 19, 2020

Hi,

Can you help me understand how you automated linking to issue which was mentioned in the comment section? I am trying it and can't get it to work.

0 votes
Brydie McCoy (CB)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2019

Hi David,

The 'match text function requires a capturing group to get it to spit out the output.  I managed to get something similar working with the following:

{{issue.description.match("([A-Z]+-\d+)")}}

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Cheers,
Brydie

David Cook July 2, 2019

Thank you, Byrdie! But unfortunately, I'm receiving a different type of error now: 

JIRA automation - error.png

Brydie McCoy (CB)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2019

Hi David

It's not obvious where that error is coming from.  Can you please raise a support request with us so I can dig into it further?  

Thanks,
Brydie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events