Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to automate deep clones & delete the original issue, or just transfer cards between projects?

I want to transfer issues between developers' projects automatically.

The workflow I have is:

When the issue in Project X transitions to state Y > Deep clones issue (with attachments) in Project Y > Clears assigned field.

How can I add this last step to this workflow?

Delete original issue to not mess up with sprint's story points.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Mar 17, 2021

Hi Daniela,

You could also set a value in a custom field of the original issue (or just use the transition to Y) and then create an Automation for Jira rule that deletes the original issue. That could be done when the value of the custom field changes. Or it could be done when the issue in that project transitions to Y (assuming all issues that transition to Y on that project should be deleted. 

Having said all of that, you might want to actually transition the original issue to another Done status category like Discarded or Aborted or some other name. Then set the Resolution on that transition to Obsolete or Won't Do or something like that. This would be preferred as Deleting issues will eventually get you into trouble. 

Hi @John Funk 
Is "Deep Clone" available in the free version of Jira Software Cloud?

I can't seem to find it...

Hi @Mike Clarke,

I am the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira

Deep Clone is paid app you can download in the Atlassian Marketplace. You can test it for free for 30 days.

If you have questions about Deep Clone, don't hesitate to contact our support.

Like John Funk likes this

Try IssueFactory.cloneIssueWithAllFields().

I think, it should be called by listener, not in post-function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

462 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you