How to assign a Comala Workflow to all spaces including spaces created in future?

its moi April 21, 2021

Hello Community, 

I am not very experienced in using Comala Document Management Workflows. 
Currently I am trying to find a way to apply a specific global workflow to all spaces. Also spaces created in future should automatically have this workflow activated. 

Hard to imagine that this is not possible, but I did not find any way to do this yet. Any help is appreciated :) 

2 answers

2 votes
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi @its moi , thanks for your question! The answer depends on which environment you're operating in.

If you're in server or data center, you can utilize a global workflow to do the job for you: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Workflows+-+Global

If you're in Cloud, unfortunately we don't currently have the same feature. You can add a workflow across a whole space, but not globally. 

0 votes
Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi,

I don't think this is currently possible.

Matteo

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2021

@Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ all depends on which environment a team is using :) See my answer below. 

Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2021

@Mike Rink can you have a workflow automatically assigned to any new space?

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2021

Hi @Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ 

A Global Workflow with one or more space categories set will automatically link itself to any new spaces that use a 'blueprint' with that label predefined.

To do this you'll need to define your own custom space 'blueprint'. This requires developer level knowledge or an app from the Atlassian Marketplace such as Space Tree Creator (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214324/space-tree-creator-blueprint-template?hosting=server&tab=overview) from @EPS Software Engineering AG   or Blueprint Creator (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218917/blueprint-creator-advanced-templates?hosting=server&tab=overview) from Seibert Media. 

I hope that helps

James
Senior Product Manager

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events