How to add Test Execution to a Test Plan with Xray Rest API?

Manuel Abascal December 11, 2020

I'm trying to add a Test Execution to a Test Plan using  Xray Rest API & Axios. I have already created an API key & authenticated successfully like so:

const axios = require('axios');
const { argv } = require('yargs');

const { clientId, clientSecret } = argv;

const headers = {
    Accept: 'application/json',
    'Content-Type': 'application/json',
};

const authenticateXray = async () => {
    await axios({
        method: 'post',
        url: `https://xray.cloud.xpand-it.com/api/v2/authenticate`,
        headers,
        data: {
            client_id: clientId, // my created client id goes here
            client_secret: clientSecret, // my created client secret goes here
       },
})
  .then(res => console.log(`Xray authentication response status was: ${res.status}`))
   .catch(e => {
       throw new Error(e.response.data.error);
    });
};

Then, I made a call & passed some `param` values gathered before when creating a `Test Plan` & `Test Execution` like so:

await axios({
method: 'posts',
url: `https://xray.cloud.xpand-it.com/api/internal/testplan/${createdTestPlan.data.id}/addTestExecs`,
data: {
0: createdTestExecIssue.data.id,
},
});

However, I get this error:

(node:46352) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Request failed with status code 400. 

I was able to link a `Test Execution` to the `Test Plan` using another endpoint from Jira Rest API, but I'm looking to add it instead, check the screenshot below for reference. Any help will be appreciated!

Add-test-execution.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2021

Hi @Manuel Abascal ,

you're using an internal API. You should use the public API for that, which is the GraphQL one.

Please have a look at this call.

Please note that if you want to do this association while importing test automation results, it would be possible depending on the REST API call you make. Further info here.

Regards,

Sergio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events